New kampala.net
Please Register to start posting and ask questions we here to serve You better
Long live Uganda!!!

PUBLIC REACTION TO DUKE OF TOORO; CHRISTOPHER THOMAS'S APPOLOGY TO PRINCESS RUTH KOMUNTALE.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PUBLIC REACTION TO DUKE OF TOORO; CHRISTOPHER THOMAS'S APPOLOGY TO PRINCESS RUTH KOMUNTALE.

Post by sol_drethedon on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Apparently, the official statement from Tooro princess, Ruth Nsemere Komuntale, and soon after the official statement from the Tooro prime minister, is not the last we have heard of the topic of Komuntale’s marriage. Yesterday on social media appeared an alleged apology, purportedly from Komuntale’s husband, Christopher Thomas, apologizing to his wife the princess, the Queen Mother of Tooro, Batooro and Ugandans at large.

In the missive, the writer, who signs off as Christopher Thomas, appears to regret saying hurtful things about his wife in a fit of anger and backtracks on most of the accusations on the person of Komuntale and the Tooro royal family made previously.

Calling on God
“I apologize for the things I said about you if it was true or not I should have kept it to myself because I am a Christian,” it reads in part.

The post is, however, more than a grovelling apology that invokes on the name of God and calls upon Komuntale to act as a Christian, as Thomas lets it be known he still considers himself a royal.

“I want everyone to go on my page and my wife’s page Princes Ruth Thomas and say you forgive us we are royals but human,” the post adds.

Along with a request for counseling for the young couple, the apology carries a claim that the author is still in love with the princess and details the flaws in her character which have led to the spectacular falling out.

Throughout, he refers to Komuntale as his wife which is interesting considering the official communication from the princess which was also on social media a few days ago, that expressed regret and declared the young marriage had fallen apart.

Public reacts
This new post, like the ones that started this whole media storm, drew comments from a cross section of people.
A one Lydia Matata, whose profile says she is a writer in Kenya, posts: “After telling everyone and anyone that she has herpes is when he realizes it’s bad to talk bad about your wife in public. Then secondly “we” are not royal. She is royal you are Thomas,”

Amos Nekusa was not amused by all the drama and posted “Sort your selves and stop putting your affairs in the media”.

If the letter was indeed authored by Christopher Thomas then it is a blatant affront to the very people he is apologizing to as the Tooro official statement had made an appeal to Thomas to stop discussing his marriage on social media.
The spokesperson for the kingdom could not be reached for a comment by press time.
sol_drethedon

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top