New kampala.net
Please Register to start posting and ask questions we here to serve You better
Long live Uganda!!!

NRM will run Kampala at all costs, says Tumwebaze

Go down

NRM will run Kampala at all costs, says Tumwebaze

Post by sungula on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Kampala minister Frank Tumwebaze said “with or without the votes in Kampala, the National Resistance Movement government will implement its programmes to the people of Kampala”.

The minister said this yesterday while responding to attacks from a group of legislators who accused him of harassing the Lord Mayor, Mr Erias Lukwago, who faces accusations of incompetence.
The lawmakers Gerald Karuhanga (Youth, Western), Dr Lulume Bayiga (Buikwe South) and Joseph Ssewungu (Kalungi West) accused the Kampala minister of worsening the already bad situation and playing politics to conceal the lack of accountability in Kampala Capital Council Authority.

In an interview with the Daily Monitor, Mr Tumwebaze said: “We shall not accept those attempts and nobody will intimidate us. With or without votes in Kampala, the NRM government will implement its programmes to the people of Kampala.”
Last week, Police fired volleys of tear gas to stop crowds from accompanying the mayor to the tribunal investigating him on allegations of incompetence.

Mr Lukwago later skipped the tribunal, citing a deteriorating “health condition”.

Mr Tumwebaze, who constituted a tribunal, said the Lord Mayor was petitioned against by councillors for his non-performance, a claim Mr Lukwago denies.

The minister said his advice to the Lord Mayor is to go to the tribunal and defend himself.

But when contacted, Mr Lukwago said: “He is the same person who instituted a tribunal against me and now he is accusing me of paralysing work in Kampala and he is in effect declaring me guilty, this shows that he is biased.”
sungula

Back to top Go down